Sunday, August 16, 2009

"If you are going to doubt something, doubt your limits." Don Ward

Right now I'm running with my heart and my guts! Chicago is 8 weeks away, and training is almost at it's peak, as the week began with a long run of 18 miles, the longest so far. I admit I began the run with a hint of doubt that, for some reason, I wouldn't be able to complete the distance, or that something would go wrong. After all, the last time I ran this far was last year at the Atlanta Marathon. But like the quote says, if you are doubting anything, let it be your limits...what a lesson...I not only covered all 18 miles, but shaved some time off my pace! Yay for little victories! And the reward? Recovery and refueling in the form of a delicious breakfast over bagels with a dear friend!

The rest of this week will include two relaxed/recovery runs of 7 miles, a moderate long run of 9-10 miles at an easy pace, and a track workout for the purpose of recruiting those fast-twitch muscle fibers that come in handy at the end of the marathon.


By far, my most favorite post-run meal!

"If you're going to be passionate about something, be passionate about learning. If you're going to fight something, fight for those in need. If you're going to question something, question authority. If you're going to lose something lose your inhibitions. If you're going to gain something , gain respect and confidence. And if you're going to hate something, hate the false idea that you are not capable of your dreams.” - Daniel Golston

1 comment:

  1. Keep on keeping on!! Phillipians 4:13. Blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete