Friday, June 26, 2009

"In the long run, we get no more than we have been willing to risk giving" -Sheldon Kopp

Long runs are my favorite. Long runs require your all. Long runs paradoxically exhaust, and invigorate long before the glycogen is replaced. Long runs are also a time for reflection, and during the 12 miles I completed today, I was saturated with thoughts of still, "how can I do more?" I guess I didn't know myself real well when I said that I would first focus on this initial 16-week effort (exact words, I believe) before committing to additional marathons for ESP fundraising...because I already want to raise the challenge! Here's what I'm "goal-ing": 6 marathons in 6 months, beginning, of course, with Chicago. Here are the considerations and possiblities: November would keep me local for the Space Coast Marathon in Cocoa Beach on the 29th; December's could possibly be in West Palm Beach, Clermont, or even Jacksonville with the Marathon of the Palm Beaches, Florida Marathon, and Jacksonville Bank Marathon, respectively. To kick of the new year, the Disney Marathon (already 65% full--eek!) seems the perfect choice...and it's a nice option, being only 30 minutes down the road! For February, I am eyeing the 26.2 with Donna in Jacksonville Beach, the Fort Lauderdale AIA, and Tampa Gasparilla Marathons. March rounds out the 6 months, and there are 2 from which to choose: the Snickers Marathon in Albany, GA or the (one I would most like to complete) ING Georgia Marathon in Atlanta.
So...there's my pitch! My goal is to extend the length of time for fundraising and also raise the challenge for myself as evidence of my commitment to ESP! Please continue to tell everybody you know about ESP and how it positively impacts and increases the quality of life of these special-needs children!

Risk more than others think is safe.
Care more than others think is wise.
Dream more than others think is practical.
Expect more than others think is possible.
--Claude T Bissell

No comments:

Post a Comment