Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"some people walk in the rain...others just get wet..." roger miller

Thunderstorms have quite a raging personality here in Central Florida...this morning I was awakened by one of the loudest I've experienced so far, and anticipated a rather soggy run! I used to be a wimp about running in the rain, but a few years ago, discovered I really didn't mind it so much. I was actually forced to yield to this, what I had determined to be, less-than-ideal kind of weather, when it poured during an entire 1/2 Marathon...but I became acquainted with the conditions and had fun to my surprise!
SO...back to this morning...reminded myself of how much I really do enjoy a good run in the cool rain (especially with it being 85 degrees with 75% humidity before 7:00am)...laced up my Brooks, donned my favorite Nike hat, and headed out the door. An hour later, I was soaked, but stimulated...and refreshed by the challenge of the storm...sometimes that at which we once balked becomes our strengthening factor...

I am floored with the amount of response to this mission thus far! My heart is so glad when I think about how much these kids will benefit from the donations! Thank you to those who have shown their support and offered such sweet words of encouragement. It means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment